Search This Blog

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Zucchini Turkey Lasagna -Paleo


I'm currently laid up after my 4th knee surgery.  I was really really lucky to have so many friends come by today.  My partner is being amazing and taking good care of me too!  He has had to cook dinner the last few nights.  So I gave him a recipe that was super easy, very yummy and used up some of the zucchini we had in the fridge.  It turned out great!  Proud of my man for making something so great.


Zucchini Turkey Lasagna

Ingredients:

3 Zucchinis
1 Lb Ground turkey
1 Tsp Onion powder
2 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 C Grated almond mozzarella cheese
4 C Marinera sauce (Usually I make my own but to make it easy I used some from Trader Joe's)
1 Tbls Olive Oil


Preheat over 375

Brown ground turkey in pan with onion powder and worcestershire sauce.  While it browns, grease 13x9 glass baking pan with olive oil.  Slice zucchini thin and evenly, I don't have a mandolin or I would have used it in this situation.  Cover the bottom of the baking pan with the sliced zucchini.  This is your first layer so don't use all of the zucchini yet.  Next add half of the browned meat, layer half of the mariner sauce and half of the cheese.  Repeat layer, zucchini, meat, mariner, and cheese.  Cover with foil and bake for 25-35 minutes.

Remove from the oven and cool.  Then cut and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment