Search This Blog

Friday, March 2, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding




When I first moved to Tacoma, I had the privilege of working at a fantastic restaurant named Maxwells.  Not only did I love working here more then I have anywhere else, I was constantly spoiled with incredible food.  The head Chef while I was there was Matt Colony, who is so incredibly talented and inventive.  He had created a brioche cinnamon roll bread pudding.  This was a staple on our menu and a staple in my weekly diet.  Ever since then, I still crave that gooey delicious sweet treat.

Thursday night I could not sleep, because I laid awake in bed trying to figure out how I was going to make a Paleo version of this amazing dessert.  Here is what I came up with, and I must saying it might not be Matt's but it is very yummy!



Paleo Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding

4 Eggs
1 Can Coconut Milk
2 Tsp Vanilla
1/2 C Agave
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Recipe of Paleo Cinnamon Rolls cut and dried over night


Preheat over 375

Grease a baking pan ( I used a glass 9x9) with coconut oil.  Place Cinnamon Roll chunks in the pan evenly.  I really prefer my bread to absorb as much as possible, so it is important to let it stay out overnight to get kinda stale.  If you are in a rush, like I was last night, I put it in the over to broil and get toasty.  In a bowl, beat the eggs.  Then add the rest of the wet ingredients and cinnamon.  Whisk together until well mixed.  Pour mixture over bread in pan and let soak 10 minutes.

Cover with foil and bake 30-45 minutes.  You want the egg mixture to not be wet in the middle and kind of a matte look to the pudding.  Let it cool, and enjoy!!  Some people like whipped cream or carmel sauce on their bread pudding but we enjoyed it as is :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment